Experienced, Dedicated Defense Attorneys
Springfield Drug Crimes Attorney
Handling Complex Drug Cases in Missouri
Have you been arrested or are you under investigation for a drug related offense? Drug crimes in the state of Missouri are investigated heavily and prosecuted severely under federal and state laws.
Being convicted of even a seemingly minor drug crime could lead to very serious, life-altering penalties. It is very important that you consult with a Springfield criminal defense attorney at Cole & Martin Attorneys at Law, LLC as soon as you have found yourself in legal trouble.
Both of our drug crime attorneys are former prosecutors, which means that they understand how the other side approaches cases and can anticipate how to defend you against them. In fact, our team includes a former Head of Major Crimes! This insight is invaluable when it comes to anticipating how the prosecution will approach your case and to crafting a strong and effective defense against the opposition.
Cases We Handle in Missouri
There are a wide range of different drug crimes for which you could be arrested. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Can be when you have drugs in your possession or when you have the ability to control them like in your car. This also implies that you do not have enough of the drug to be considered "intent to sell"
- Possession with intent to sell
- This is similar to possession, but it means that you either have over a certain amount or you had other items (like a scale or bags) which would dictate that the drugs are not only intended for yourself. Instead it is believed that you are intending to sell them to other people
- Sale and distribution
- This means that you were caught in the act selling a controlled substance.
- Trafficking is similar to sales and distribution, but it means that it was involving a larger amount and comes with harsher penalties
- Producing or growing a controlled substance in any amount.
At our firm, we know how scary and overwhelming a drug crime charge or arrest can be. Our role is to help you understand the legal process and help you navigate your case.
We offer representation for a wide range of drug cases, including violations involving the following substances:
The exact consequences involved in a drug offense conviction depends on the amount of drug in question, as well as the exact alleged crime. These penalties can include jail or prison time, costly fines, mandatory counseling and probation, and more.
Contact a Springfield Drug Crimes Lawyer for a Consultation!
If you or someone you love have been charged with a drug crime and are looking for legal defense, our firm is prepared to help with the job. We have the level of legal counsel you need on your side, with more than 40+ years of combined experience. If you are interested in a free case consultation, we would like to meet with you to discuss your options.
Best Decision I've Ever Made!
“I haven’t always been the best at making good decisions. There was a time in my past where I repeatedly made mistakes. Ryan’s expertise of the law helped save my future.”
Shows true concern.
“Ryan has represented me in multiple counties. He is always straight forward, honest, face to face and punctual. Ryan will work for you on a personal level while showing true concern for your situation.”
An attorney that cares!
“He went out of his way to see me and made me feel like it's going to be OK!”
Some of the best in Southwest Missouri
“Very efficient and professional criminal defense team. If you need great attorneys, these guys are some of the best in Southwest Missouri.”
Free Case Consultations Provided
Strategies Customized to Your Case
Former Prosecutor In Your Corner
Backed By Over 40+ Years Of Experience